According to the American Academy of Dermatology Association, shedding 30 to 80 hairs in a day is normal thing. But when there is an abnormal hair fall in teenage girl, it might be a matter of concern because we do not usually expect hair fall to appear during teenage years. However, excessive hair loss can happen due to many reasons.
Most causes for hair fall are temporary, so don’t panic. In this post, we tell you about some natural tips to prevent hair fall in teenage girl, the possible causes of excessive hair loss and the treatment ways.
Natural Ways To Prevent Hair Fall In Teenage Girl
Hair hygiene and healthy diet can help you have healthy hair. Some following measures may help to prevent excessive hair fall:
- Eating a well-balanced diet could help keep the hair roots healthy and strong. Foods high in vitamins, iron, minerals and protein may help strengthen hair.
- Be gentle when combing, brushing, or cleaning hair. Use a gentle or good shampoo and conditioner. Harsh hair-care products may affects the hair by causing split ends and breakage.
- Gentle massage with nourishing oils, such as coconut oil, may help in making hair strong.
- Use hairstyling treatments, flat irons and curlers sparingly to avoid long-term damage affect to your hair.
- Try drying hair naturally and limit the temperature use of blow dryer at high heat. It may help prevent hair damage and hair loss.
- Do not pull hair too very tight in braids, ponytails. These may injure or strain the roots of the hair, thus it causing hair to fall.
- Managing stress may also prevent excess hair loss.
Treatments For Hair fall In Teenage Girl
Some of the common treatments that doctors use to stop hair fall in teenage girl are:
- Medications: According to Harvard Health Publishing, minoxidil helps in generating new fine hair growth. However, it may not work properly for all womens. If it works in your case, your doctor may recommend you to use it continuously for a given period of time.
- Iron supplements:. If the hair fall is due to less amount of iron in the body, the doctor may prescribe iron supplements.
- Antifungal therapy: When the hair fall is due to fungal infections, the doctor may give advice of anti-fungal shampoo or anti-fungal medicines or anti-fungal products.
- Hair transplantation: Hair fall is often treatable through the medications. But in some cases, the doctor may recommend hair transplantation. These procedures are surgical and invasive. Therefore, it may be used as a end resort, and when the advantages of the procedure outweigh the problems caused by hair fall. For this, you may have to wait for few years until the doctor thinks it is right to do the transplant.
Possible Causes Of Excessive Hair fall In Female Teenagers
- Adolescent androgenic alopecia: This appears due to high levels of androgen hormones, including testosterone, which is generated by adrenal glands in females. The case appears due to a genetic predisposition. The defective genes cause a surge in the manufacture of androgens at puberty. The high level of hormones impact the hair-growing capability of the hair follicle, thus eventually causing hair fall.
- Infection: Certain fungal infections such as tinea capitis or scalp ringworm may cause hair fall in teenagers and adults. The symptoms include hair fall in patches, bald spots, and itchy.
- Trichotillomania: It is a psychological disorder in which there is a strong urge to pull one’s hair. It appears in adolescence and adults.
- Traction alopecia: The hair fall pattern appears when hair is pulled tightly. Tight buns, braids, ponytails, and other more similar hairstyles may lead to the condition.
- Medical conditions: Certain hormonal case such as thyroid disease, uncontrolled diabetes, and polycystic ovary syndrome may cause hair fall among teenage girls.
- Drugs or medications: According to Harvard Health Publishing, Hair fall can be a side effect of medications such as beta-blockers, amphetamines and warfarin. Cancer-related medications may cause excessive hair loss.
- Poor nutrition: Unhealthy dieting and eating disorders amid adolescence could be liable for hair fall. It also affects on our weight.
- Others: Stress, interruption in the normal hair growth cycle, and using chemicals in hair products may damage hair and result in hair fall.
Hair fall is normal in teenagers, and can usually be addressed by a lifestyle and healthy diet. But if hair fall is due to a medical condition or hereditary, and you noticed too much more thinning of hair or bald patches, then that requires treatment of the underlying condition.
How can a girl stop hair fall at home?
Natural Remedies To Treat Hair Fall
- Egg Mask…
- Licorice Root. …
- Green tea
- Coconut Milk. …
- Beetroot Juice. …
- Greek Yoghurt and Honey. ..
- Green tea
- Fenugreek Seeds.
Which vitamin is best for hair?
One of the best known vitamins for hair growth is a Biotin which is called vitamin-B.. Studies link biotin deficiency with hair fall in people’s. Although biotin is used as an alternative hair–fall treatment, those who are deficient have the best good results.